For UNICEF and the Turkish Government Developing a Training Programme for Families (AITEP) – a pre-school parent education programme which is the foundation of a national programme delivered by cascade training to a target of 8 million families annually as part of the Turkish Government’s programme to meet EU entry requirements.
Also for UNICEF and the Turkish government – five further contracts. NCfLB has:
- carried out a review of early childhood development in Turkey
- initiated the development of the first ever national parent education policy, strategy, and guidance
- developed and delivered a programme to train all Foster Care Social workers in parent education.
- delivered training for leaders of the Parent Education Programme we developed (AITEP) for delivery by pre-school teachers, social workers, army education service and midwives across Turkey
- developed a peer led Life Skills Basic Education programme and training for leaders of the programme for school
For UNICEF and the Georgia Ministry of Education NCfLB Associates developed a programme on violence reduction in schools from a contract started before the 2008 Russian invasion and then part of a Council of Europe Initiative in 2010 combined with the teaching of human rights and supporting children traumatised by war and violence.
Part of the contract was working with the Ministry of Education and Science resulting in the development of the Georgian national policy and strategy for safe schools. NCfLB Associates then delivered cascade training to senior staff in schools using the Council of Europe Violence Reduction in Schools Training Pack developed by NCfLB Associates and the e-ViRIS School Self Review.
In Uzbekistan for UNICEF and the Uzbekistan government. A contract to review and making recommendations for the further development of the national Family Education Programme with the potential of further contracts to support the cascade training of facilitators for the programme in order to implement the improvements to the training methodology recommended in the review.