Upholding the rights of children
Our work for the UK and European national and regional governments, The Council of Europe, UNICEF, University Education Institutes and Schools across Europe, upholds the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and the European Convention on the Exercise of Children’s Rights. We share a belief that all children have the right to the highest quality of education in a well organised, safe and secure learning and teaching environment, free from disturbance and fear, where they can enjoy growing and learning happily together, because – unhappy and insecure children do not learn.
Based on research into good practice, the NCfLB’s mission is to extend and develop innovative approaches to improving learning and teaching behaviours that will results in:
- improved life chances for children resulting from their improved social emotional and behavioural development in schools or child care setting
- equity and the inclusion of children whose behaviour is challenging
- a happy and harmonious school environment resulting from enhanced school leadership and improved skills in learning behaviour improvement and violence reduction for all school staff
- training for parents/carers and the local community so that children grow socially and emotionally in a partnership between home and school
- happy children realising their full potential to learn in safe, harmonious and caring schools and homes