What does the NCfLB do?
NCfLB functions as a focal point in further developing existing work in Social, Emotional And Behavioural Difficulties (SEBD) in the following areas:
- Short, medium and long-term consultancy
- Teaching and Training
- Resource development
- International Work with governments and NGOs
The NCfLB work in these areas encompasses a wide range of themes, including behaviour improvement in schools, violence reduction; mental health and well-being, school leadership and school attendance. The School of Education at the University already has a significant reputation in the generic field of SEBD, notably by
- a raft of professional development modules in ‘social emotional and behavioural difficulties (SEBD)
- funded research and consultancy activity (e.g. for Department for Education, Training Development Agency for schools, Hong Kong Institute and the National College of School Leadershi
- a web and other media presence (for example, through Behaviour4Learning and its successor, Behaviour2Learn)
- scholarly activity in the United Kingdom and around the world
NCfLB has a significant portfolio of existing consultancy activity, undertaken on an international scale for major agencies and for national government departments. In undertaking this work NCfLB works with a range of experienced Associates, all of whom have a recognised excellence in training, research and consultancy.